The Choir’s role has great importance in the Parish’s Liturgy. Members of the community choir (music ministry) share in the proper performance of the music sung, and encourage the active participation of the faithful in the singing.
- Integrate their own area of responsibility in the singing of liturgical music, under the direction of the Choir Director
- Sing solo performances during the Liturgy when called upon
- Play an instrument for the music used during the Liturgy, when called upon.
- Attend weekly practices and regular rehearsals and come prepared with music selections as appropriate
- Be available to sing during other special Church services and events as required
- Work in conjunction with other members of the music staff to share in executing music for the Liturgy