Saint Teresa’s Parish in Etobicoke was established in 1924 in order to provide pastoral care for the local Catholics. Soon after, Irish immigrants found this church to be their spiritual home. Other ethnic groups have followed and therefore, the parish is a mosaic of Canadian multiculturalism. It is a place where people of all age groups and cultural backgrounds gather to celebrate the Eucharist. We currently have a large Polish community thus Eucharists are celebrated in English as well as in Polish languages.
Our parish provides various pastoral and sacramental ministries such as preparations for sacraments of Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Communion and Confirmation, services for the elderly at Lakeshore Lodge, a ministry for children and youth at Holy Trinity Elementary School, Fr. John Redmond High School, and a Polish heritage school which offers language classes to elementary school children at Saint Josaphat School. Our parish offers a Christian formation through the neocatechumenate. It is a home to the following groups: scouts, a dancing group “Podhale”, children choir “Oasis”, the musical band “Gethsemane” and a Filipino choir.
The latest renovation of the interior building was done in the late 1990s as a testimony of faith and dedication to the growing number of parishioners. A new stained glass windows altar in the form of a triptych was designed to depict the themes of Jesus’ Last Supper, Death, and Resurrection.
In 2002 the pastoral care of Saint Teresa’s Parish was entrusted to the Michaelite Fathers. Father Jozef Morawski CSMA, the present pastor, serves over 2000 families who make this parish a growing and thriving community through the intercession of St. Teresa of the Child Jesus, the patron of our church.